- No need to visit Venice, there is a beautiful canal right in our backyard! The Indianapolis Canal is both insanely beautiful and the perfect location for many different people to come together, including IUPUI students, residents of downtown and those living in the greater Indianapolis area. All eyes will be on the canal as 150 teams compete to be the 2015 #RegattaGames champion.
- Professors will be wearing costumes… and it is very likely at least one of them will fall into the canal. This of course should not be your foremost reason for attending the Regatta, but I will say from experience, someone WILL fall; and though unfortunate for them, it will be hilarious. I don’t really see a need to explain this point any further, because when will you ever get another chance to see a professor dressed up in a costume while canoeing?
- There is something fun for everyone. Bring your entire family to the race because there will be fun for all including an archery and obstacle course, a jumbo slide, face painting, food trucks, live music, a SUPER AWESOME Kelley photo booth and so much more. Additionally, there are events going on all week leading up to the Regatta.
- Josh Kaufman. As stated in a recent HankFM blog post, come to the Regatta “to hear the voice of an actual angel,” and I couldn’t agree more. IUPUI Alum and winner of NBC’s The Voice, Josh Kaufman will be performing at 3PM. If the Regatta hasn’t already won you over with the canoes, the food, the canal, and the FUN, the musical talent is something you definitely don’t want to miss!
- The Regatta is all for a good cause! Over the course of three years, $56,000 has been collected for scholarship funds from this event. Last year, 10-$1,000 scholarships were awarded to student leaders. How could you not love an event that raises money to help out poor college students?
The Regatta is a “must attend” on my list and is guaranteed to be a day you won’t forget. There will be several Kelley teams racing throughout the day, so grab your finest Kelley swag (or Hunger Games to go along with the theme) and head over to the canal on Saturday morning for the opening ceremony starting at 10:00 AM.