Tina Moe, BS’98, is the founder and CEO of A.C.T. Services, Inc. The company, formed in 2002, offers accounting, consulting and tax services from a group of certified public accountants. We asked Tina to answer questions to help us get to know her and understand her journey during and after her time at Kelley IUPUI. Here’s what she had to say.
- Why did you choose the Kelley School of Business at IUPUI?
Tina: The reputation, location and ease of access to a high quality education while I worked and lived in the city.
- Do you remember having a favorite class or professor?
Tina: I had a love-fear reaction to Martin Birr who taught Intermediate Accounting I and II. He was a straight-shooter and told us on day one that these classes determined the dreamers from the doers. That left a lasting impression on me, so I worked extra hard in his class. He turned out to be one of my favorite and most memorable instructors.
- What was your favorite part of attending class on the IUPUI campus?
Tina: The convenience of the campus located in the heart of Indy. It was easily accessible and fit into my busy life.
- What does it mean to have a degree from the Kelley School of Business at IUPUI?
Tina: I am very proud of my degree from Kelley, because I think it carries a lot of respect. I know I received a high-quality accounting education.
- Do you have a favorite E. W. Kelley product?
Tina: The Klondike Bar!
- What are you doing now? And what’s been your journey to get there?
Tina: I am a CPA and founded my own firm. It has been a long, challenging and rewarding journey to get here. I would need to write a book to articulate the twists and turns in my story, but I am proud of myself for never giving up even when the odds were against me. And more than once, I found the odds against me!