The following is additional information from the Campus Happenings section of The Kelley Skann.
The Kelley Skann Extra
Event: Komen Indianapolis Race for the Cure
Date: April 29, 2017
Time: 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
Place: 500 W. New York Street (begins and ends on the IUPUI campus)
This is a 5k run and walk dedicated to the Komen mission. It is their promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality of care and energizing science to find the cures.
The following campus streets will be closed to vehicular traffic during this event:
- New York Street—total closure from White River Parkway to West Street (7 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Blackford Street—total closure from Vermont Street south to the canal (6 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- University Boulevard—no southbound traffic south of Michigan Street (7 a.m.-1 p.m.)
For those needing access to the natatorium, NIFS, NCAA, Herron Art School, track and field, or the State Museum, please park in lots north of New York Street. Anyone parked south of New York Street during this event should expect to be there until the completion of this event.
For those needing access to the IUPUI campus before and during this event, please use the following suggested routes:
- West Street/MLK exit from I-65 (exit 114)
- Michigan Street from the east
- 10th Street from the west
Please note that there will be several street closures around campus as well. Traffic on Michigan Street and West Street will be congested prior to this event.